A trip to the mountains call for some crockpot chili.
This one has quite a few more ingredients than I would use in an everyday meal, but once you get everything into the @crockpot it’s pretty easy from there.
- 2lb lean ground turkey (or beef)
- 2 tbsp + 2 cups water
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 14.5oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tsp minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 15oz can of pinto beans
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Chopped red onion
- Skyr yogurt
I literally throw all the ingredients in the crockpot, including raw meat, and set it for 6 hours on high. If you set it in the morning before you go out on the mountain, you can have it ready for lunch time!