Let’s talk about my obsession with golden milk coffee.
Golden milk is a drink made from turmeric, milk/milk alternative and fat. It’s highly antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, working to reduce free radicals in the body. Paired with caffeine, it’s delicious inflammation-reducing brain fuel.
After spending way too much money buying my favorite drink, I realized it was time I finally figured out a way to make golden milk that isn’t clumpy, powdery, too turmeric-y, etc. (a.k.a doesn’t suck!)
- Whisk ¼ cup of turmeric and ½ cup of water in a small pot over medium heat for 5-7min or so (until dissolved).
- Add 1 cup of milk or milk alternative of your choice. I like to use flax milk or pea-protein french vanilla creamer.
- Add 1 tablespoon raw honey or other natural sweetener.
- Add 1 tablespoon of a healthy, natural fat (coconut oil, MCT oil, etc.)
- Let everything just simmer together for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, make your coffee. I prefer to use a french press.
- In a mug, combine ⅔ coffee with ⅓ golden milk.
- To up the ante, add scoop of collagen powder and sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Store any excess golden milk in a glass container or mason jar in the fridge. BE CAREFUL. TURMERIC STAINS.